03 May 2008

Rain Starts - New Oranges - House

It seems that the "green" season (rainy) has begun. We have had heavy rain showers for the past 3 days, starting from noon to 3:00 pm and lasting for 30 minutes to an hour. I haven't checked the amount of rainfall but it is usually 1 to 2 inches in a short period of time. Update 8 May: False alarm! We are still not fully into the green season.

Today I picked the first new orange from one of the 3 orange trees in the back yard of my rented house in Volcan. I should have waited another day or two. Although oranges here are often ripe while the skin is still green, this one was not yet ripe.

Monday I have a second appointment with the surveyor to stake out the foundation outlines of the new house at "Paradise Ranch". Keeping appointments is not a 'thing' to be counted upon in Panama. I may overwork "Paradise" but this is my own personal experience of the scenery, climate, location and people in the mountains of Chiriqui Province in western Panama.

No comments: