10 May 2009

Busy Times


These are busy times for me. I am building a new home and construction is slow due to having to build for the future house that goes on top of the lower section. I will move into the lower portion of the house, about 1,100 sq. ft., later this summer.

I had hoped to attend my high school reunion in Kansas this month (May), but I will not be able to leave during this phase of construction. I will reschedule my trip to the U.S. for later this year or early next year.

My two dogs go out to the site quite often and they both approve of the move. All of us are looking forward to the freedom from noise, traffic and crowds of the city.

The great news is that the paving of the 5 km. (3 miles) of road to Volcan is complete and I can be at the 24 hr. supermarket in 10 minutes. My photography and ham radio have been limited due to a 5 1/2 day work week on the house. I am very happy with my decision to relocate to the mild climate of the mountains of western Panama. My best regards to everyone ... be well and prosper!

No comments: