21 December 2012

End of the Mayan Calendar -- Happy New Year!

Well, here it is the end of the Mayan Calendar....so Happy New Baktun!

It has been a busy year at Casa Jay.  November of 2011 was a very sad time as I lost Rosie, one of my 3 dogs at the time.  In March I acquired Luna, a year-old Yellow Lab mix to come and be our third dog again. Luna is a bundle of energy but very sweet and intelligent.

By July our pack had grown to 4.  Sol, another Yellow Lab mix was visiting the neighbor's dairy across the road one Sunday morning and apparently "wore out his welcome" quickly.  When Blue and I saw him he was running toward the main road.  He stopped at the main road and Blue went down to get acquainted.  Apparently Sol liked what he heard and came home with Blue.  He was dirty and thin as all strays are.  After 2 baths, flea powder, and a checkup at the Vet's he joined our happy band.  Sol and Luna have been almost inseparable since.

Below is a picture of Blue, Luna, and Sol.  Athena, the Rottweiler, was napping as usual.
This picture was taken while I was in San Jose, Costa Rica for an eye surgery in September.  Everything turned out fine and I was able to make my scheduled trip to FL, TN, and KS in October.  I had a great time visiting with friends and family, but I'm really glad to be home again.

For Christmas I will spend a pleasant afternoon with several friends in Cerro Punta, about 12 miles from my house.  We will have a delicious dinner and good conversation.

There is not much new to report on my house.  The lower house is 90% complete, just some trim and a carport to finish.  I may or may not build the larger "Gringo" 2 bedroom house that goes above this that was / is to be on one level and drive-up, wheel-chair accessible.

On January 19, 2013 I will have 20 or 30 or more friends over for an afternoon cook out, Gringo style.  This is the annual birthday party that I throw for myself.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Panama.

 

No comments: