13 July 2014

Big Dog, Bigger Tree

Blue is a good sized Red Heeler (Australian Cattle Dog) but he looks tiny beside the huge tree in my yard, about 300 feet from the house.


All 4 of the dogs and I again recently explored the river about 6 km down the road (see previous post).  

On another short adventure, Blue and Rex (the really big dog) went with 2 other men and myself a short distance up the park trail toward Volcan Baru volcano.  The dogs were concerned when I stopped to rest and the other guys went on ahead.  So first Rex and then Blue stayed with me (without asking) as the other dog went on ahead with my companions.  They are very protective of me and I appreciate their concern.

So far the rainy season has been short on rain and long on clouds.  Good weather for photography.

1 comment:

JMJAtlanta said...

Hello, Jay. I hope all is well. The sand seems to be falling quicker in our hourglass. Visited Boqueron for 2 weeks in Jan. Got a lot settled. The big move will be in the fall. I am hoping my simple antennas can send a signal from there over Volcan Baru on their way to my father's radio in FL. It is funny, but we can't seem to talk between my current QTH (Atlanta) and Ocala FL. Our signals don't go far enough on 40M and bounce over each other on 20M. Part of the fun of the hobby I guess. Anyways, 73s and how about a post to update us. KJ4VPJ