08 June 2010

Life is Slow...the Way Retirement Should Be

The Three Amigos

Some of you have been wondering what has happened to me. Well, the answer is "not much really" except for taking visiting Gringos around the area which is something that I enjoy.

I have been working on the inside of the house as the mood struck me. I have painted the living room and bathroom. I am now ready to paint some more rooms...when the mood strikes.

I am now owned by 3 dogs. I arrived in Panama with my mostly (Scott!) faithful dog Blue. A year and a half ago we took in a female Panamanian rescue who is still somewhat of a "street" dog. Rosie disappears for a few hours at at time, but always comes home when she is ready.

The newest member of our kennel is Athena, a Rottweiler who a local could no longer keep. She is also a sweet dog and has been with us for about 6 weeks. They are all friends with the understanding that Blue is the Alpha Dog. I would like to think that I am the Alpha, but it is simply not true.

The pack is a bit oversize for my liking but we are doing well. They are great watch dogs yet friendly when I am home to OK visitors. They live in the house and still have the run of the fenced yard.


A friend will stay at the house and take care of the place while I visit family and friends in the U.S. for the first time in almost 3 years. I will travel North in July for about 10 days.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice to have good news from you Jay!
Congratulations for your new home, and thanks God you're with good health and motivated as usual!
73 from your friend in Brazil!
Orlando (PY2ANE)